There are many names that are widely used, for example, Peyton/Payton/however you spell it.
There is a Peyton Manning (Quarterback, Colts), a Peyton Hillis, a Walter Payton (deceased, RB, Bears), and more.
Also, the name Manning.
- Peyton (QB-Colts)
- Eli (QB-Giants)
- Archie (Peyton and Eli's dad, former QB-Saints)
- Ricky Jr. (defensive back, NOT related)
- Danieal (defensive back, NOT related)
- Also, a Mario Manningham (receiver, Giants). Kinda ironic: "Manning throws to Manningham. Tackled by Manning"
- However, there are none in the NBA, MLB, or NHL.
- three in college football-2 play for Connecticut (related much?), plus a Manninger
- But none in college basketball. :(
Another example is Aaron/Erin, neither is wrong spelling. Both Peyton/Payton and Aaron/Erin can also be used for a boy's name or a girl's name.